I'm learning to sew


I'm learning to sew as part of our Start Sewing 2012 challenge.
Honestly, now I'm helping Christine sell fabric I feel kind of bad that I don't sew much (I've sewn cushions and a jumper a long time ago and do know the very basics, but not enough to really say 'I know how to sew').

Seeing as Christine teaches pattern making and sewing I'll be taking the journey of learning how to read patterns, cut fabric the right way, and put together some awesome clothes. And I'll be blogging along the way! My aim is to make 12 items - is that a lot when starting? I really have no idea.

Before Christmas I bought a few patterns and will be starting with the Project Runaway jacket in the photo below. I love jackets so couldn't resist :)


And the fabric I will be using is a purple check wool blend with silver/grey lining.


Christine did roll her eyes at me when I chose the fabric saying 'You did have to choose a jacket that wasn't the easiest for your first project and with a patterned fabric didn't you? Oh well, we'll see how good you are at lining up the pattern.'
I probably should have thought about that...

Comments